- Setting up a frame work for a state-of-the-art biorepository in Africa and Uganda
- Developing capacity for fresh tissue biobanking and creation of cell lines in Africa.
- Developing the local expertise in biorepository operations
- Demonstrating feasibility of biobanking and biorepository activities in Uganda
- Identify problems in the biobanking field and provide solutions.
- Encourage high professional standards in biobanking.
- Provide high value membership services for key actors in the biobanking field.
- Encourage participation from a wide range of repositories across the region.
- Provide a strong united voice for biobankers in the region, to influence development of their field.
- Partner with other organizations involved with, or related to biobanking.
- Encourage and support public-private biobank-related partnerships
- Promote stakeholder support for biobanking